The Indian premium SUV segment in the Rs 25-35 lakh bracket has been witnessing a lot of action lately and Mitsubishi too has decided to add a new version of the Pajero Sport. Its called the Select Plus and has been priced at Rs 30.53 lakh for the 4×2 automatic model and Rs 30.95 lakh for the 4×4 manual version (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
What is new?
- Available only in dual-tone colours
- Blacked-out roof and pillars
- Black-finished body mouldings (around wheel-archs, doors and front bumper)
- Black finish for alloy wheels and front grille
- Cruise control
- LED daytime running lamps (DRLs)
- High-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps
- A chiller box
- DVD players with screen mounted in the front seat headrests.
Mechanically the Pajero Sport Select Plus remains same. You get a 2.5-litre engine with 178 bhp of power. Torque ranges from 350 Nm for the automatic 4×2 version to 400 Nm for the manual 4×4 version. However this engine lags in terms of performance in front of rivals like the Fortuner and the Endeavour. Want to see something interesting? Head over to this video of a MITSUBISHI MONTERO playing in the fields of Punjab!