Hyundai has officially unveiled the 5th generation Verna for the Indian market. It looks like a baby Elantra and gets an all-new platform but carries over the same 1.6-litre diesel and 1.6-litre petrol engines. Dealers are now accepting bookings for the car and official launch is slated for 22nd August.
Sold as the Solaris and Accent in various international markets, the new Verna looks great and will surely up the ante when it comes to ‘elegant’ looking cars in the segment. It will lock horns with the segment leader Honda City and on paper, it seems to do everything right. Here are some key highlights of the new model.
- Gets a new ‘Super Body Structure’ that is built out of 50% Advanced High Strength Steel
- All-new suspension that is part of the new K2 platform
- New steering system – promises to be far better than the outgoing model (sharper!)
- 1.6-litre diesel with 128 bhp of power
- 1.6-litre petrol with 123 bhp of power
- Old 4-speed auto has been replaced with a new 6-speed unit (torque converter)
- The new Verna also gets ventilated seats
- 7 inch touchscreen system on higher versions – will get Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Infotainment system includes voice recognition
- Dual airbags and ABS will be standard
- Top-end models will come with 6 airbags
- Air-con system with ‘eco’ tech for control odour inside the cabin
- Its longer by 15mm, wider by 29mm and sees an increase in the wheelbase as well (10mm)
- Boot space is up by 16 litres
Hyundai will disclose the pricing of the new Verna on 22nd August – stay tuned!
Info source : autocarindia.com