These are the first few official images of the new 2018 Dacia Duster or the Renault Duster as we call it in India. No major changes have been done to the SUV and it continues to use the same platform and even dimensions remain unchanged.
Although interiors of the new Duster have not been shown yet, here is a list of changes done to the exteriors:
- All-new Dacia Duster’s distinctive grille extends to the head lights positioned at the car’s extreme corners and makes the model appear wider.
- A new lighting signature including LED daytime running lights divided into three sections.
- The crease lines of the horizontal bonnet contribute to the vehicle’s assertive stance.
- The larger, mass-coloured, satin-chrome-finish skid plate reinforces the car’s adventurer credentials and is scratch-resistant to maintain its smart look.
- The higher belt line adds to the impression of strength and occupant protection.
- The windscreen has been brought forward 100mm compared with the current Duster and is more steeply raked, which makes the cabin longer so it looks more spacious.
- The new aluminium roof bars, a frequent SUV hallmark, extend the line of the windscreen for a more dynamic profile.
- 17-inch wheels and prominent wheel arches.
- Black wing arch trims highlight the car’s adventurer credentials.
- Voluminous haunches.
- Horizontal lines and lights positioned at the extreme corners to heighten the car’s solid stance.
- Dacia’s rear lighting signature – four red stacked squares – has been adapted for Duster.
- Wider, mass-coloured, satin-chrome-finish rear skid plate.
Expect the new Duster to carry over the same engine as well as transmission options. Source : via netcarshow.com
Also see: Mahindra Thar modification gone wrong?